UL Listed Burglary-Resistant Safe with Group 1R Lock | TL-Rated Security
TL-15, TL-30, TL-30x6, TRTL30x6
Security compliance with DEA Diversion Control regulations and the CSA (controlled substances act) require effective controls and procedures to ensure stocks of all schedules of substances, narcotics, drugs and pharmaceuticals are stored safely and properly. Non-practitioners such as manufacturers, treatment programs, labelers and distributors may need to buy a TL rated safe to meet minimum standards. When Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 controlled substances are being handled as raw materials, for processing or finishing, the DEA requires an Underwriters Lab listed burglary resistant safe with Group 1-R lock or a GSA Class V rated security container.
- 750 lb. Weight When the safe weighs over 750+ lbs. no additional strapping, fastening or bolt down is required. If the safe weighs less than 750 lbs., additional security measures must be taken.
- Lock Type Must have a Group 1 R lock to meet the security requirement set forth by the DEA and CSA for Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 storage.
- TL-15 Rated Meets the UL Listed Burglary Resistant Safe security requirement
- TL-30 Rated Meets the UL Listed Burglary Resistant Safe security requirement
- TRTL Rated Meets the UL Listed Burglary Resistant Safe security requirement
- TL 30x6 Rated Meets the UL Listed Burglary Resistant Safe security requirement
Do I need a UL Listed Burglary Rated Safe?
It is very important that your security safe meets the requirements and conditions set forth by the DEA and CSA. Non-conformance and being out of compliance could result in a fine. Depending on whether you a practitioner or non-practitioner and what schedule of controlled substances you are storing, you may be required to have a UL Listed Burglary rated safe to be in compliance – use our safe tool above by clicking on the lock that best represents who you are.
- Option A) DEA-Mini | 22” x 25.5” W x 26” D Weight: 821 lbs.
- Option B) DEA-Midi | 10 Standard Sizes Available
- Option C) DEA-Maxi | 72” H x 38” W x 31 ¼” D Weight: 2,823 lbs.
If your Class V security container (sometimes referred to as a cabinet) weighs less than 750 lbs. then it must be strapped to the floor or wall.
|I||Yes, Practitioners storing Schedule I controlled substances or those authorized to possess carfentanil, etorphine hydrochloride and/or diprenorphine may store these in a UL Listed burglary resistant safe that weighs 750+ lbs., no additional security measures (strapping, bolting down, etc) are required.||Yes, TL-15 or TL-30 safes meet security requirements|
|II||Yes, TL-15 or TL-30 safes meet security requirements||Yes, TL-15 or TL-30 safes meet compliance requirements|
|III||Can be used, not required||Can be used, not required|
|IV||Can be used, not required||Can be used, not required|
|V||Can be used, not required||Can be used, not required|
Safes given a U.L. TL-15 rating have all passed all standardized tests defined in the UL 687 Standard. Safe Requirements include:
- U.L. listed 1R combination lock (to meet DEA requirements).
- 750 lbs. minimum weight or must be anchored, bolted, strapped or otherwise securely fastened (per DEA regulations) so that it cannot be readily removed (bolt the safe to the floor, etc).
- Body walls of material equivalent to at least 1" open hearth steel with a minimum tensile strength of 50,000 P.S.I.
- Walls fastened in a manner equivalent to continuous 1/4" penetration weld of open hearth steel with minimum tensile strength of 50,000 P.S.I.
- One hole 1/4" or less, to accommodate electrical conductors arranged to have no direct view of the door or locking mechanism.
TL-30 Safe Rating
Construction requirements are identical to the TL-15 safe, the exception is the test time rated at 30 minutes. UL testing engineers are given the blueprint to the safe and allowed 30 minutes to gain entrance – entrance being defined as ‘opening the door to the safe’ or creating a 6” opening within the 30 minute time frame.
GET IN TOUCH
We believe you deserve the best advice, service, quality and value every time you call, click or chat with us.